Week 2

/
0 Comments
Hello everyone!!

It's so weird how the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I've been here 2 weeks already. It's so strange.

This week has been dijobu (good)! I love all the devotionals we have. My companion and I were asked to teach relief society last Sunday. It was so awesome! Mostly because I got to do it in Eigo (English). haha But we were asked to teach on Faith in Jesus Christ. The spirit was so strong. I'm surrounded by such amazing Shimaitachi. It's really sad though, the senpai (the missionaries who have been here the longest) are leaving next Monday! We're all going to be so lost without them.We had some Nihojin senkyoshi (Japanese Missionaries) who came last week! They are SO cute. I just love them all so much. I can't wait to be in Japan!

So funny story. We were in class and our district leader, Choro Wheeler was talking hard core like a surfer. Kawamura Kyodai (Brother Kawamura), my sensei just stared at him and in his broken English goes, "You sound so idiot." hahaha I about died. It totally reminded me of something dad would say.

I love how strong the spirit is here. I have learned so much about myself and about the gospel. My doryo (companion) is the best. She gives me so much strength. And teaching is the best. At first, I was so uncomfortable because I had no idea what was going on and I couldn't say what I wanted. I still feel that way, Which is super frustrating. But I have learned the spirit really is the one who teaches. I have to rely on it and have faith that I will receive that help. I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father for me and for my investigators. One of the coolest things I've be able to see, is to see our investigator pray. I know that they aren't real investigators. But when our kyudosha (investigator) prayed for the "first time" I felt the spirit so strong. I was in tears by the end. We just got two new kyudosha! We have one named Sato San. She is so sugoi(awesome). We were able to teach her about God and Jesus Christ. And How the gospel blesses families. I did it without any notes! I know that Heavenly Father was helping me. They were such simple sentences in Japanese. But I got to tell her that God loved her and knows her. I knew the spirit was there. It was subarashii (wonderful) feeling.

So one of my goals is to share my testimony this Sunday, in Japanese! I know that when we share our testimonies that they will continue to grow. I hope that I don't say something dumb. haha I told one of the Nihojin Shimaitachi that her skirt was kowaii, which is scary....haha I meant kawaii, which is cute. My life.

Japanese still goes over my head everyday. haha But I can understand more and I have nearly learned Hiragana. Which is one of the three alphabets. It takes me a year to read still, but I'm getting better! Dekimasu! (I can do it!)

We heard a rumor that we might be singing in General Conference. Fingers crossed! That would be SO cool! Also Collinsworth Kyodai is in my branch presidency. His son is Kyle Collinsworth (plays basketball for BYU). He's so awesome! He asked if there was anything he could do for us, and I wanted so badly to ask him to tell Tyler Haws hi for me. haha But I didn't. Anyway sorry this email is super crazy and not very long.It all blurs together.

I love and miss you all! I hope you all are doing well.

Ai Shite Masu!!

ひらの しまい 



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.